13 April 2014

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water

Micellar water: oil in water which instantly breaks down and traps make up and dirt rather than spreading it around the face. Here we have the latest newbie to the micellar world, and its a good'un. I was never bothered enough to faff on in order to get myself some Bioderma but I have tried the L'oreal offering, it was a while ago so I don't feel as if I can do a complete comparison but in terms of packaging Garnier wins hands down. Although the L'oreal bottle is nice and thin, the rectangular shape does nothing for control while dispensing the product and a lot did go to waste but the Garnier one, although a tad more bulky, allows much better control. Secondly, lets talk money. I remember being disappointed at how little time the L'oreal one lasted and for £4.99 for 200ml (currently £3.33 on offfer in Boots) you can snap up the Garnier one for the same price, also currently on offer, but gain yourself double the volume at 400ml. I can't comment on the 200 uses claim but can confirm I'm onto my second bottle and my first lasted me around three months.

 That's as far as I'll take the comparison. As for the product itself, I love it. You get the best of both worlds as it's extremely gentle yet very effective. It's fragrance free and I don't find that it irritates my face or eyes at all yet it manages to quickly remove all make up, even the more stubborn mascaras, I'm looking at you Benefit's they're real. I tend to use this before cleanser in the evening to remove my make up and also in the morning to refresh and clean my skin ready for the day. This really does just feel like water, completely different from some of the more harsh make up removers I have tried, my skin feels smooth, soothed and clean afterwards. As I have to use more in the evening to remove my make up compared to the small amount I use in the morning I do find that it will leave a little bit of residue post make up removal but I follow up with a cleanser any way. Overall, I will never go back to make up wipes and for now, this will definitely stay on top in terms of make up removers. 

Have you tried this or any of its competitors? 
Rachael x
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. i need to get my hands on this one. i love bioderma but it just is expensive and i ran out of my l'oréal one quite quickly. i will pick this one up very soon.
    xx

    dornroeeschen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely do, I'm still quite curious to try Bioderma to see how it compares but like you said it is pricey and yeah, I also found that the L'oreal one ran out super quickly so that left me pretty disappointed. I hope you like the Garnier option as much as I do! xx

      Delete
  2. My cleanser is almost out so I'm eager to try this next! Xx

    Lucy Cole | A UK Fashion, Style and Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good choice, I hope you love it too! xx

      Delete
  3. Havent tried either option but your review has really made me think about giving this a go! I have very sensitive skin and have got myself into a rut of not trying new products but I think this one Ill just have to try! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would really recommend this for sensitive skin, definitely give it a go! xx

      Delete
  4. This sounds great! Need to pick myself up a bottle next time I'm in Boots :)

    Steph xo | Influence Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you definitely should, I hope you like it as much as I do! :)

      Delete
  5. I've just run out of my old makeup remover so definitely going to be getting this when I re-purchase :)

    hannah bee xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you won't regret it, it's great! x

      Delete
  6. I have the L'oreal one and it's nearly finishing and I don't want to spend 5 pounds on another so I this will be a great alternative :)
    Kookii || The Beauty Diary♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would totally recommend this over the L'oreal one! :)

      Delete

© What Rachael Wrote. All rights reserved.
TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig