17 October 2014

My A/W Lip Shade - MAC Plumful

When it comes to autumn/winter, plum and berry lip shades are what it's all about. I've owned MAC Plumful for a while now and it always makes it's way to the front of my stash at this time of year, a movement which I very much look forward too. As a lustre finish, it's so comfortable to wear on the lips and not at all drying or heavy, giving a lovely sheen. However, this does mean the wear time isn't too great but it's nothing to complain about, and it does leave a slight non patchy stain of colour behind. Now, with every photo this shade tends to look different, sometimes more of a plummy pink, sometimes more mauve or rosy so I guess it's going to be one of those which is a slightly different shade on each individual, on me it's translates on to the lips as a deep pink with some plummy tones. Although it is more sheer compared to the more pigmented offerings from MAC, I think it deposits the perfect amount of colour for everyday wear but I have been known to sport this shade on more than one night out too. I do feel as though I may need Rebel in my life now to act as my more bold, night-time alternative to Plumful. P.S. please ignore the huge difference in photos, the latter has come from my phone, taken on a different day, as it's the most true to colour photo I've managed (I know, it's annoying me too).

Have you tried this lipstick? 
Rachael x
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. I have this shade and it's perfect for this time of the year! :)

    Emily x // EmGrace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, I've been wearing it non-stop! x

      Delete
  2. I love plum shades at the moment - great find.

    Lizzie's Daily Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, so perfect for this time of year!

      Delete
  3. This is just so pretty, and perfect for autumn too x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is great for this time of year, definitely my favourite shade at the moment! x

      Delete
  4. Such a lovely colour :) great blog, I have followed you with Bloglovin and if you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted, thanks!

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh I need this! it definitely is the perfect Autumn shade <3

    Sinead - 'Dreaming Again'

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely shade, I have MAC Rebel and I would definitely advise you to get it! Or, enter my MAC Lipstick Giveaway I'm holding on my blog ;)
    www.styleandbeautyforless.co.uk
    ^MAC GIVEAWAY^

    ReplyDelete

© What Rachael Wrote. All rights reserved.
TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig